Caregiver Skills Training Workshop & Virtual Dementia Tour
Caregiver Skills Training Workshops are for family caregivers to learn practical skills and receive hands-on training. Guided by health care professionals, caregivers learn how to provide everyday care for their loved ones with dementia or other chronic conditions. This five-hour training is designed to be flexible and interactive so that caregivers get their questions addressed. Participants can choose to attend the entire program from 10am-3pm or choose to attend only the topics that are of interest. Parking and a light lunch will be provided. This workshop will cover the following topics: Core Topics (covered every month) Nursing care Transfer and fall prevention Nutrition management Speech and communication Possible Electives Covered (choose 2) The Virtual Dementia Tour (offered monthly) Dental Hygiene Audiology Bowel/Bladder
7950 Floyd Curl Dr
San Antonio, TX
More Event Ideas
- More Health and Wellness Events
- Thursday, Sep 26, 11:00 AM
- TOTS: Tethered Oral Tissues Specialty Training San Antonio, Texas July 11-12, 2020 at John E. Hornbeak BuildingSaturday, Jul 11, 7:30 AM
- Thursday, Nov 21, 10:00 AM
- More Events on December 5, 2019
- Thursday, Dec 5, 7:00 PM
- Thursday, Dec 5, 10:00 AM
What can we do for you?
Thank you for your input. Please fill out the form below and provide as much information as possible about updates to this event or venue.